People often misinterpret the meaning of the word ‘re-manufacture’ to mean only worn parts are replaced. At driveshaft services we have a strict procedure we follow on all units regardless of what parts are worn.
When we re-manufacture a power steering unit we:
- 1Wash and clean it first.
- 2We examine the exterior of the unit for damage and physical function.
- 3We then completly dismantle the unit and check, all parts for wear and condition.
- 4All parts that are worn and can wear, are replaced with brand new parts – no exceptions.
- 5All shafts are cleaned, polished or reground where necessary.
- 6Every seal is replaced with a new OE standard seal.
- 7The unit is then reassembled and put back together and adjusted and set to factory specs.
- 8The unit is then subjected to a road simulator test machine to ensure the highest quality.
This machine is a road simulator testing machine which tests the rack up to 1200PSI for any leaks or drop in pressure. We test the rack on this machine after it has been subjected to testing on our Air Pressure Decay Tester. All racks are tested to the highest possible standard.
Drive Shaft Services specialise in supplying remanufactured power steering racks for all vehicles big and small to the general public and trade.
Drive Shaft Services have a huge stock of power steering pumps for all applications at huge savings to main dealer prices. All pumps are ex-stock and can be dispatched nationwide. Please call us with any questions or queries you may have and we will be happy to assist you.
Drive Shaft Services now stock the latest steering columns for all Fiat Punto’s at huge savings to main dealer prices. All columns are ex-stock and can be dispatched nationwide. We can also offer the Opel Meriva/Corsa columns and are constantly looking at new columns to add to our ever growing stock. Please call us with any questions or queries you may have and we will be happy to assist you.